Followers

Dec 21, 2016

London : A City That Never Sleeps



I will never get bored of London. From watching theatres, studying in the British Library, highly caffeinated studying at King's Cross Starbucks, university hopping from Queen Mary - UCL - King's - LSE - Imperial to attend public lectures given by prominent speakers especially in legal field. I, definitely, never regret my decision on coming to London for three years( or more, for I am intending to study Bar and master's in human rights). That does not include my state of awe upon seeing plaques of Plato and Aristotle embedded in the Octagon building, which I realised only when taking exams for mid-sessional. And later at night, at some weeks, I attended Philosophy discussion at Bethnal Green with strangers, often led to a mind-blowing discussion and a room for myself to express my thoughts on Philosophy, a study that I fell in love although I did not manage to study further for my degree.

People may not know, and I did not even intend to tell everyone that I took Medieval History classes while studying Law. Crazy is it? But life is short, you gotta pursue what you like. I squeezed myself in between 9 am class for Contract Law and 11 am class for Public Law to attend Medieval History class at 10 am. I never knew how I did that, I just so happened to wake up in the morning finding that I need to study History and later, I met a lecturer who allowed me to attend his classes without any exams or assignments. Without any, trust me.


Sum up for first term? Interesting, tough, and yet has been very intellectually stimulating. 


"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
- Samuel Johnson



2 comments:

winadamant said...

I heard that Samuel Johnson phrase in the Gilmore girls! ☺️

Anonymous said...

So inspiring! Glad to know you're living your dreams rn. Is it true when you study law overseas you cant practice law in Malaysia? My friends been saying that though...